A seafood Pizza is just perfect on a night when one doesn't feel like having pasta. What no cheese? In Italy , there are quite a number of dishes where cheese just doesn't belong. This pizza is one of them. Dairy is not often mixed with Seafood in Italy, however there are exceptions. For now, savor in the this pizza with the flavors of the sea. You might be pleasantly surprised. I receive countless inquiries on how to make the perfect pizza crust. The problem is, we tend to over think the simplicities of the every day kitchen. Get your frying pan out and give this a try. Another secret is pre cooking your seafood some in the same pan you will ultimately turn out your pizza. The crust takes on all the flavor. There is no turning back. Buon Appetito! Ingredients: One 13 inch frying pan (Cast Iron, any size will really do). 3 large cloves of garlic, sliced in half (you will later disca...
My Mom and I couldn't resist a trip to the Bronx and Little Italy today. After all, it's Friday, and Friday's demand fish. Who better to visit than Randazzo's fish Market, on 187st and Arthur Avenue, in the "Little Italy" section of the Bronx. My Mother isn't so adventurous in her cooking, like I am. She is very old fashioned (at times). I combed through their terrific selection and came across a Mediterranean fish called "Orata." Who could resist? My Mom's old grill grate came to mind too. That must be older than me. What a perfect combination. I never cook on a gas grill at home. I believe in Charcoal. My Mother, like so many of you, turned to a gas grill out of convenience, but will admit that charcoal is always bet. In an effort to succeed, I delicately stuffed the cavity of the fish with citrus and herbs. Although the gas grill was turned up high, ...
These delicious Savory Taralli can be made up in a hurry. Who does not remember growing up with these cookies during Holiday time? With a little practice, they can be ready in an hour. A few simple ingredients is all you need. This recipe can be made in several ways. The sweetened version is the most common here in the States, typically made during holiday time. Had lots of fun this past month with Mom around. She hadn't made these in so many years. Her mother made these typically around Easter time, so we did too. Thank you to the Academia Barilla cooking School in Parma, Italy for their video recipe and reminding us all that Traditions are a very important part of today's kitchen and should remain that way. http://www.academiabarilla.com/italian-recipes/bread-focaccia-pizzas-1/taralli-1.aspx Here is my variation. I used the food Processor. Traditionally made by hand an...
Comments